Re: I: Sierra.c USB Serial Driver FAQ/Feature Request

On 08/14/2013 01:42 PM, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> snip...
> Great!  And if you can snoop on Windows trying to figure out how to
> switch the modes, then that would also help.  I believe Wireshark with
> usbpcap is the current state-of-the-art USB sniffer for Windows:
> http://desowin.org/usbpcap/
>

> Bjørn
ITMT, here is some output for the Beceem vendor and product ID. It does
not show in the syslog while the driver loads, but the hardware is
recognized.

Bus 004 Device 004: ID 198f:0220 Beceem Communications Inc. BCSM250
WiMAX Adapter
Bus 004 Device 005: ID 1199:0301 Sierra Wireless, Inc.

It could be that when 4G is set, the Linux system looks at the WiMax
first. Then usbserial does not know what to do?

bash-4.2$ lsusb -vd 198f:0220

Bus 004 Device 004: ID 198f:0220 Beceem Communications Inc. BCSM250
WiMAX Adapter
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass          255 Vendor Specific Class
  bDeviceSubClass       255 Vendor Specific Subclass
  bDeviceProtocol       255 Vendor Specific Protocol
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x198f Beceem Communications Inc.
  idProduct          0x0220 BCSM250 WiMAX Adapter
  bcdDevice            0.01
  iManufacturer           1
  iProduct                2
  iSerial                 3
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength          111
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0xa0
      (Bus Powered)
      Remote Wakeup
    MaxPower              500mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           6
      bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
      bInterfaceSubClass    255 Vendor Specific Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol    255 Vendor Specific Protocol
      iInterface              0
      Endpoint
Descriptor:

        bLength

[...]