Re: [RFC/PATCH 2/2] usb: ehci: Add support for SINGLE_STEP_SET_FEATURE test of EHSET

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013, Jack Pham wrote:

> > > In addition, we may want some of the work (though at this point I'm
> > > not still clear on exactly what parts) to be moved into usbcore.
>
> +1. I am open to suggestions on how best to achieve this.  I have a
> another patch in the for doing the same 15-second delay in xHCI but am
> hesitant to submit it just yet, pending ideas on a better way to do it
> in the common HCD core.

Well, here's one possibility, not fully thought out.  Suppose there was
a way to tell the HCD to carry out _just_ the Setup stage of a control
transfer.  Or to omit the Setup stage and go directly to the Data
stage.  Then the SINGLE_STEP_GET_DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR test could be
implemented very simply by submitting two URBs with a delay between.

Alan Stern