kernel Oops: 0003 on usbhid_submit_report

When communicating with AT90USB1287, at random intervals (1/25 boots) the linux hid_output_field Oopses and kills the communicating thread. The AT90USB1287 microcontroller uses LUFA library for usb/hid communication. It is trigged by a ioctl call from userspace and fails in a kernel paging request.
The system is after the oops in a state where no hid commands is sent anymore and only a boot can fix the system.

Kernel version: Linux version 3.8.13-03081301-generic (apw@gomeisa) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) ) #201305311535 SMP Fri May 31 19:44:30 UTC 2013

Oopses:
http://paste.debian.net/24305
http://paste.debian.net/24306
http://paste.debian.net/24307

Code:
The error is triggered by:
ioctl(fd,HIDIOCSUSAGES, &ref_multi_u);
ioctl(fd,HIDIOCSREPORT, &rep_info_u);

Notes:
It is very hard to reproduce so seems like race condition…

Any tips to resolve/workaround this issue is appreciated and please let me know if my information is incomplete (This is my first kernel bug report)

Andreas Lillebø Holm