Re: External HDD does not work with 3.11-rc2

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It turns out I was probably wrong.  Take a look at this message:
>
>         http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=137511040432420&w=2
>
> The patch in that email may fix your problem.
It does. Thanks!

I am unfortunately still seeing the suspend/resume issue which I
linked in the inital report:
The drive works if it is attached while the system is running. It is
not accessible anymore after a syspend/resume cycle that lasts a bit.
(A few minutes seem to be sufficient.) I do not know any good kernel
version for this problem.
Plugging the device in while the system is suspended does not work
reliably too, yielding a similar error, just with a few more retries:

Suspend/Resume:
usb 4-2: USB disconnect, device number 9
usb 4-2: Device not responding to set address.
usb 4-2: Device not responding to set address.
usb 4-2: device not accepting address 10, error -71

Plugged before resume:
usb 4-2: Device not responding to set address.
usb 4-2: Device not responding to set address.
usb 4-2: device not accepting address 12, error -71
usb 4-2: Device not responding to set address.
usb 4-2: Device not responding to set address.
usb 4-2: device not accepting address 14, error -71
usb 4-2: Device not responding to set address.
usb 4-2: Device not responding to set address.
usb 4-2: device not accepting address 16, error -71
usb 4-2: Device not responding to set address.
usb 4-2: Device not responding to set address.
usb 4-2: device not accepting address 18, error -71
usb 4-2: Device not responding to set address.
usb 4-2: Device not responding to set address.
usb 4-2: device not accepting address 20, error -71

A usbmon log is attached for the Suspend/Resume case running 3.11-rc3
+ the patch you pointed me at.