Re: [PROBLEM/BUG] mouse polling at only half rate on ohci_hcd

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 02:59:41PM -0500, sgtcapslock wrote:
> I took Alan's excellent advice and read a good bit of that book last
> night.  Definitely some good authors there!
>
> After pondering Alan's diagnosis for a bit, I went to inspect the usbhid
> driver code, and wound up creating a patch which works!  I've tested
> three different gaming mice, and they now all poll properly using the
> ohci_hcd driver when the usbhid driver uses two URBs to receive input data:
>
> (output from the evhz utility)
> event3: latest hz = 1000 (average hz = 1000)
> event3: latest hz = 1000 (average hz = 1000)
> event3: latest hz = 1000 (average hz = 1000)
> event3: latest hz = 1000 (average hz = 1000)
> event3: latest hz = 1000 (average hz = 1000)
>
> I probably need a lot more time to research things and make sure that I
> did this the "proper" way.  I'm a bit scared to submit a patch for the
> first time, so I'd like it to be right.
>
> Jiri, can I send you some private e-mail to ask for your advice about
> all that?

Private email does not scale for kernel maintainers:
	http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/news/?newsitem=11
	http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/questions.html

Please just submit the patch here and we will be glad to review it and
see what, if anything, needs to be done to get it merged.

You might want to read the file, Documentation/SubmittingPatches and run
the tool, scripts/checkpatch.pl on your patch before sending it.  Other
than that, don't worry about public patch review, it's how the kernel is
developed, not in private :)

thanks,

greg k-h