Followup

Hi guys, I'm the OP and I'm really sorry that I didn't partecipate in that
discussion but since I didn't subscribe to the mailing list I only saw
Greg's replies and thought that the thread was abandoned until someone sent
me the link of the thread on StackExchange.
I was going to reply to Greg but I grew tired of his attitude of "the patch
that someone proposed worked ok til now, so your argument is wrong no matter
how good it is", and I just switched my project to a lower baudrate since
luckily requirements changed on the way and I don't need that speed anymore.
I see myself needing 10400bps for KWP2000 too, so a better driver will sure
help me in the future.

That said, I don't have a lot of time right now but let me know if I can
help testing, I have access to a good digital oscilloscope to test baudrates
and I have a win machine for tests so if you want I can sniff the USB
traffic when setting the non standard baudrate.

Also, I don't know how to compile and use the driver, I couldn't find any
guide that doesn't tell me to recompile the whole kernel, but it must be way
easier like a make and an insmod, so if anyone can point to an easier guide
or just copy/paste the required commands I may become of more help.

Regards
Mastro Gippo