Re: Linux USB file storage gadget with new UDC

On Thu, 11 Jul 2013, Victor Yeo wrote:

> Thanks. The USBCV test has tight timing requirement. Once Set-Config
> request is sent out, USBCV sends out Get-Config request to get the
> config value immediately. At that time, gadget driver has not yet done
> the handle_exception. So Get-Config request returns old config value,
> and USBCV declares the test failed. Please see the log below.
>
> Is there any way to speed up the handle_exception

No.

>  or to ask the USBCV
> host to not send out Get-Config immediately?

I am not at all familiar with USBCV, but I doubt it.

However, the USB-2 spec says (section 9.2.6.4) that devices should be
able to carry out requests with no Data stage (such as Set-Config)
within 50 ms.  Does your gadget really take longer than that to handle
the exception?

To find out, collect a usbmon trace showing what happens when your new
driver is plugged into a Linux host.

>  I have set the NAK and
> stall the endpoint 0 after receiving Set-Config request, however,

That doesn't make sense.  Stalling the endpoint means sending a STALL
packet.  You can't send both a STALL and a NAK.

> Get-Config request is still sent out by USBCV host immediately.

There should be at least a 50-ms delay, unless the UDC driver is doing
something wrong.

Alan Stern