Re: Edgeport 416 USB to serial convertor

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 12:09:35PM +0000, Brian Peters wrote:
> I am looking to use an Edgeport 416 USB to serial convertor under SLES SP2.

Great, then please contact SuSE for support, as you are paying for it
already :)  There's nothing we can do with their kernel, as it is
different from the latest kernel release (3.10).

> When I plug in the device all 16 serial ports are discovered but after about
> 2 minutes they spontaneously disconnect and reconnect. Is this a known
> problem? Is there a newer driver I should be using?

Sounds like an electrical problem with the device, or the hub you are
plugging it into.  Have you checked that?

good luck,

greg k-h