Re: Huawei E3131 wwan interface, partial success?

Enrico Mioso <mrkiko.rs@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Ah - I didn't knew there where other devices with an embedded AT channel - I
> really don't imagine what could hide on those devices! :)

Yes, but I did not think of it because in the case of the E367 this is a
highly optional feature.  MBIM has a standard management protocol, and
the AT channel doesn't add anything useful.

> I can't find the function call you're referrint to, sorry. :(

Sorry, I should have noticed this was recently changed.  It used to be

  netif_carrier_off(dev->net);

before commit 8a34b0ae ("usbnet: cdc_ncm: apply usbnet_link_change").  I
guess you are working in a v3.9 based tree?

Remove that and see if you can get the network interface going.

> And - another question. how can the cdc_ncm driver handle notifications if it
> has no control over the ->control endpoint anymore?

We'd need to extend the cdc-wdm subdriver interface with additional
callbacks, so that cdc-wdm can call the appropriate network driver
functions when it receives notifications it doesn't handle.  But I
believe implementing this can wait.  Better focus on getting the basic
functionality in place for now.

> And - why I'm using a function called *_release_interface_* when I'm not
> talking about an interface, but an endpoint? But guess this is off-topic :) !!

I don't know...

Bjørn