Re: Proposed modification to PL2303 driver

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:54:37AM +0200, Reinhard Max wrote:
> BTW2, the open source OSX driver[2] to which Prolific links from
> their support page, detects the chip revision, based on the USB
> device release number instead of guessing it from other properties
> of the device.

That driver was based on the in-kernel Linux driver, it was not written
with any more information than what we had.  Also, don't think that
Prolific means anything by linking to the driver, they also link to the
Linux driver, and point people at me directly for Linux support, despite
them never providing the specs for their devices to me at all.

I'd trust our driver over the OS-X driver anyday, as ours has been
tested by more real-world devices, sorry.

greg k-h