Re: Misbehaving device

Right, and I'm supposed to know that how? You're the one who's an expert on usb. You know how HID keyboards pass data. I'm starting from scratch and only have data that is sensitive. It's hard to know what you can share when you don't know what you have.

Since you have expectations that I'm not ready to meet can you at least point me to documentation on how HID keyboards are supposed to work? My Google foo is failing me there.

Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Wed, 22 May 2013, Joe Julian wrote:
>
>> Thanks. I have a usbmon capture of a failed event, but since this is
>> credit card scan I need to at least interpret and obfuscate the card
>> data. For a keystroke there seems to be two events each, the key
>press
>> (00003800) and the key release (00000000), each being the 8 bytes I
>> would expect.
>
>The values you wrote here are 4 bytes each, not 8.

Yes, I am aware. The remainder was all zeros on every line and appeared insignificant to my question.