Re: [RFT 0/2] TI compliance mode fixes

On 05/09/2013 07:31 PM, Sarah Sharp wrote:> Hi Tony, Don, and Oliver,

> Can one of you double check these two patches resolve the resume from S3
> issue on effected HP systems with the TI compliance mode quirk?

--- snip ---

> Sarah Sharp (1):
>       xhci: Disable D3cold for buggy TI redrivers.
>
> Tony Camuso (1):
>       xhci - correct comp_mode_recovery_timer on return from hibernate
>
>  drivers/usb/host/xhci-pci.c |    8 ++++++++
>  drivers/usb/host/xhci.c     |   16 +++++++++++++---
>  drivers/usb/host/xhci.h     |    3 +++

Sarah, all,

Using 3.10.0-rc2 with no devices blacklisted, these patches allowed
returns from suspend and hibernate without crashing in the xchi.
All processes seemed to pick up where they left off upon return,
including network connections.

I did get intermittent call traces from devices other than xhci when
returning from suspend and hibernate, but those traces are not
related to anything in xhci. We know that return from suspend works
without the patches, but I saw a call trace from firewire_ohci when
returning from suspend once or twice on an un-patched 3.10.0-rc2.

I am comfortable with submitting these patches upstream.