Re: dwc3 on omap5432 no SuperSpeed host mode

On 15/05/13 15:30, Felipe Balbi wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 03:15:44PM +0100, Ben Dooks wrote:
It seems the board is very picky about what it will play host to
as neither of the mini-b to A adapters I have work. I am using
a mini B to mini B cable to run the card reader.

I have still got the disable CMD_RESET patch in.

yeah, there are a few issues regarding CMD_RESET bit on the XHCI side
with that IP. We're still trying to find a proper workaround.

Is replacing the xhci-hcd.c reset command with a call to the dwc3
driver not enough? I will leave this for the moment if it is being
worked on.

Even if we are just working in gadget mode, having the xhci-hcd driver
around causes the system to stop working.

yeah, basically CMD_RESET (which is set during XHCI probe) causes some
Global and Device Endpoint registers to corrupt. no workaround yet,
other than constantly resetting the whole thing when you want to switch
roles.

What you can do, however, is to choose in Kconfig to have it working as
peripheral only, then you're safe.

Ok, I was under the impression that it was needed even for host only.

We still have not managed to get a stable xhci host mode on the
OMAP5432-UEVM board at SuperSpeed.

funny, we tested this a few days back. Right now I don't have HW with me
(travelling), but Kishon has. Maybe he can help us out ?

It would be useful to find out which version of the kernel and u-boot
where used.

--
Ben Dooks				http://www.codethink.co.uk/
Senior Engineer				Codethink - Providing Genius