Re: 3.9-rc7 suspend failure

On 04/26/2013 11:05 AM, Tony Camuso wrote:
On 04/26/2013 01:53 PM, Dave Jiang wrote:

No I mean are you transitioning to S3 (standby, sleep, or suspend to
RAM) state via suspend and then resumed?

Sorry, I misunderstood the question.

The Call Trace occurs near the end of resuming from S3 after executing
the following command.

    # rtcwake --mode=mem --second=60

So looking at Documentation/power/devices.txt, it says the device needs to be quiesced at suspend and re-initialized at resume. ioatdma has none of those support in driver right now. So in the current state I would say it does not support suspend/resume. And I have a feeling it may be in some sort of weird state upon resume. I'll put it on my queue of things to fix, but it probably won't be any time soon. Just curious what is the suspend/resume test for? Not typical usage model for a DP E5 system.

AFAICT the race fix patch shouldn't have anything to do with the error you are encountering. It's completely unrelated....

--

Dave Jiang
Application Engineer, Storage Divsion