Re: [RFT] xhci - correct comp_mode_recovery_timer on return from hibernate

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 02:45:40PM -0400, Tony Camuso wrote:
> On 04/17/2013 08:27 PM, Sarah Sharp wrote:
> >
> >[Sarah reworked this patch to cover the case where the xHCI restore
> >register operation fails, and (temp & STS_SRE) is true (and we re-init
> >the host, including re-init for the compliance mode), but hibernate is
> >false.  The original patch would have caused list corruption in this
> >case.]
> >

> Sarah,
>
> This patch works with RHEL6.4+ kernel, but hangs with 3.9-rc7.
>
> I can attach the S3_Suspend_message.log, if you like, but here are the
> last few lines.

Is it hanging on suspend or on resume?

Does S3 work on 3.9-rc7 with your original patch (without the new
comp_timer_running variable)?  Does S3 work on the effected system with
vanilla 3.9-rc7?

> # tail /var/tmp/S3_Suspend_message.log
> Bridge firewalling registered
> device virbr0-nic entered promiscuous mode
> device virbr0-nic left promiscuous mode
> virbr0: port 1(virbr0-nic) entered disabled state
> Ebtables v2.0 registered
> SELinux: initialized (dev mqueue, type mqueue), uses transition SIDs
> SELinux: initialized (dev proc, type proc), uses genfs_contexts
> SELinux: initialized (dev mqueue, type mqueue), uses transition SIDs
> SELinux: initialized (dev proc, type proc), uses genfs_contexts
> usb 2-1.1: USB disconnect, device number 3

The full log with CONFIG_USB_DEBUG and CONFIG_USB_XHCI_HCD_DEBUGGING
would be helpful.

Sarah Sharp