Re: Power state of USB port on computer reboot

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 06:27:14AM +0000, Blaz Malnersic wrote:
> If it is as you said concerning the undefined state of the USB power
> across a reboot, that information is very helpful for me. It means we have
> to design things differently (apart from the obvious one which is to
> replace the notebooks...).
>
> How come this is undefined?

Because it is not defined in the USB host controller spec, or in the USB
spec, and because different machines do different things on soft vs.
hard reboots, as do different BIOSes, and even different BIOS version
numbers, not to mention all of the machines that don't even have a BIOS
at all (the large majority of computers in the world.)

Sorry,

greg k-h