Re: [help] imx27 - isp1504 : unable to init transceiver, probably missing

Hi Mylene,

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Mylene Josserand
<Mylene.Josserand@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I need some help to understand how USB is configured.
>
> I am updating an old kernel (2.6.32 !) to the version 3.8.2. I am
> self-taught on Linux kernel so, sometimes, I need the help of the
> community to understand it :)
> The SoC is a IMX27. For the USB side, we have a NXP ISP1504.
>
> I know that I have to use the driver ULPI but with my configuration, I
> get these errors :
> "
> ehci-mxc: Freescale On-Chip EHCI Host driver
> mxc-ehci mxc-ehci.0: initializing i.MX USB Controller
> timeout polling for ULPI device
> mxc-ehci mxc-ehci.0: unable to init transceiver, probably missing

I can reproduce it here as well on a mx27pdk.

I thought the issue could be due to the conversion to the common clock
framework, but then I tested a 3.2 kernel and I got the same behavior.

Adding Sascha /Eric/Javier, in case they have recently tried USB host
on mx27 recently.