Re: UHCI/EHCI interrupt storm after resume from S3

On 3/18/2013 1:35 PM, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 01:30:47PM -0700, Waskiewicz Jr, Peter P wrote:
I have an Atom-based machine (N450) with an ICH8 running Ubuntu LTS
12.04.2.  This has the latest updates installed, kernel 3.5.0-23.35.
I put the machine into S3, then woke it from the network.  After
resume, the uhci_hcd and ehci_hcd devices (sharing an interrupt)
start flooding interrupts.  This continues until the USB driver is
reloaded, or I reboot.

Is this a known issue?  I'm willing to assist debugging, I just
wanted to ask if people have seen this yet before I dig into it.  If
it comes down to building linux-next via git, that's fine, it'll
just take about 4 hours on this box to do it.

Let me know if there's any additional data folks want to see.

Can you see if this happens with the latest 3.8.3 kernel release?  If
you are stuck using Ubuntu kernels, you need to get support from
Canonical, there's nothing we can do with their kernel packages, sorry.

Ok, I take back my previous mail that it's ok with 3.8.3. The bug is still there, albeit it's intermittent. After 4-5 suspend/resumes on this box, the ehci_hcd and uhci_hcd (shared fasteoi interrupt) are flooding interrupts.

More information:

USB controller: Intel ICH8, PCI ID 0x2830 - 0x2836
BIOS: AMI version 080015
Processor: Atom D510

Any other info I can provide if requested. Anything anyone would like me to try, just let me know.

Cheers,
-PJ