Re: PROBLEM: USB device registered on OHCI instead of EHCI

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013, Bruce Guenter wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 02:48:50PM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> > Okay; if it happens again, collect the information and we'll go on from
> > there.
>
> Well, it's happened again, but it's obviously not a boot issue.
> Something happens after boot that is causing some errors. Complete
> dmesg attached.

Either the EHCI controller, the USB connection, or the device itself is
unreliable.  The log shows a large number of resets at various times.
Search for lines matching

	usb 2-3: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

and you'll see.  Finally, at timestamp 20673 a series of reset attempts
ended in failure.  That's when the device was re-detected on the OHCI
controller.

If you want to find out what caused those resets, capture a usbmon
trace for bus 2.  It may provide a clue.

Alan Stern