RE: Two remain problems at chipidea driver

Hi Peter,

>> There is a core on mips which doesn't support otg. From my point of
>> view, support for dual_role should be a separate patch, ideally by
>> Svetoslav (Cc'ed) who has this hardware, after we've cleaned up all
>> dr-mode related stuff.
>
>What means support OTG? The spec said it or there is a port
>DCCPARAMS_DC =1 but DCCPARAMS_HC = 0?
>
>From my point, I still think if DCCPARAMS_DC = 1, it is save to
>read OTGSC.

>From the mailing list I see you already figured it out already. In my
instance (AR9331 SoC) both DCCPARAMS_HC = 1 and DCCPARAMS_DC = 1. Even
though the chipidea controller supports both modes, the implementation in
the SoC doesn't map the OTGSC register in the address space. This makes it
impossible to detect OTG support by relying on the register content only and
the platform code needs to override the default behavior through dr_mode.
Just for information the host/device mode on this platform can only be
selected at boot, no switch is possible at runtime.

Best regards,
Svetoslav.