Re: Keyboard/mouse dead in 3.8.2 from kernel.org

On Friday 15 March 2013 15:19:17 Greg KH did opine:

> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 02:39:57PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> > > That's a huge jump to go from.

> > > Sure.  But this doesn't sound like a USB problem, does it?  It
> > > sounds like you just don't have the kernel configuration correct
> > > for this system.  Or the fact that your old userspace can not boot
> > > a new kernel, which, odds are, is the problem here.  Please try
> > > upgrading your userspace first before blaming the kernel.
> > >
> > > good luck,
> > >
> > > greg k-h
> >
> > http://imagebin.org/250405
>
> You seem to be ignoring the last line printed out there, why do you
> think that this is a USB error because the root disk can't be found?
>
> Odds are you aren't building in the correct disk driver, or, you need to
> fix up your initramfs to point to the correct block device.  None of
> which is a USB error, sorry.
>
> greg k-h

I might have found it, SATA_NV was a module.  ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe board
uses lots of nvidia stuff.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
I don't care for the Sugar Smacks commercial.  I don't like the idea of
a frog jumping on my Breakfast.
		-- Lowell, Chicago Reader 10/15/82
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...