Re: Keyboard/mouse dead in 3.8.2 from kernel.org

On Friday 15 March 2013 13:51:47 Greg KH did opine:

> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 01:20:41PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings;
> >
> > What modules do I need to make builtin in order to have a working
> > keyboard
>
> > when the boot fails when the keyboard/mouse is this:
> What is different from a working system?  Did 3.8.1 work?  Does 3.8.3
> work?  We need something to go on here.
>
> greg k-h

I thought maybe the vendorid etc might be enough.  Sorry.

No clue what diffs exist at this point Greg, it doesn't get far enough to
make any log entries for comparisons, and the last kernel on this linuxcnc
special install of Ubuntu-10.04-4 LTS uses a 2.6.32-122-43-rtai patched
kernel version.  That's what is running ATM.

I have not built a kernel.org kernel in about 18 months on this install but
figured since this LTS is going away, I oughty to stick an oar back in this
water.

It fails, according to what I see on screen, and I can supply a pix of the
fail, apparently while mounting disk drives, getting to one that doesn't
exist, but then stops and falls out 30 secs later to a busybox shell prompt
with no keyboard or mouse, so a tap on the reset is needed.  This same
keyboard works well when trolling through the grub screen before the boot.
The pix is still in the camera, but its near 2 megs of raw jpg.  Pastebin
it?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
You will be honored for contributing your time and skill to a worthy cause.
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...