RE: Problem with linux-3.7.7 (Stern - d01875f11f05f76fc471cec94d701201c1b34389)

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013, Adrian Bassett wrote:

> > Finally, I don't see how this could possibly have any connection with
> > the 6e0c3339a6 commit (USB: EHCI: unlink one async QH at a time).  If
> > necessary, we can try a diagnostic patch to see what's going on with
> > the async QH unlinking.
>
> It does bother me somewhat that AFAIK others have not reported
> similar problems. But it was the code in that commit which was
> identified as a result of the original 3.7.7 git bisect.  Presumably
> it either has to be the source of my problem or else has un-masked
> something else that is.

I don't always trust the result of a bisection search.  However, if
reverting that one commit fixes the problem, that's a pretty clear
sign.

> Debugging the async QH unlinking could be quite useful but I feel
> that I have already prevailed upon you too much, particularly as this
> seems something of a niche case.  However, I am willing to pursue
> further if you have the time.

You know, the 6e0c3339a6 commit consists of two hunks, and they are
pretty much independent of one another.  You could try reverting each
of the hunks separately to narrow things down.  Maybe only one of them
is responsible for your problem.

Alan Stern