Re: Not enough resource for old configuration after USB bus reset

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:14:46AM -0800, Sarah Sharp wrote:
> Are you sure the TI host and your host isn't neglecting to drop endpoint
> resources when the Reset Device command is handled?

I double checked your test file on the latest Intel xHCI host, and it's
up to over 4,000 successful resets of a USB mouse with a periodic IN
endpoint.

I tried it with a USB ethernet dongle, but after about a hundred resets,
the device returned different device descriptors.  The USB core treated
it as a new device and assigned it a different address, which caused the
script to fail since the /dev/bus/usb files went away.  Was there a
different device you would like me to test with?

Basically, I think this is a host-specific bug.  We can certainly work
around it in the xHCI driver with a quirk for all hosts that have this
resource tracking problem.  We would issue a Configure Endpoint command
to drop all endpoints before the Reset Device command.  However, I would
really suggest you fix your host controller.

Can you send me the output of `sudo lspci -vvv` and `sudo lspci -vvv -n`
when the TI host is attached to your system?  I'll send you a patch with
the workaround fix to test.  We can also add a quirk for your host, if
your host controller is already available with this issue, and you're
planning on having the mainline kernel support your host controller.

Sarah Sharp