Re: [usb-storage + sd] Driver fails to read e-reader av (autovision) 606

> Did you also try to mount the /dev/sdc device directly?  It might be
> an unpartitioned device with a FAT filesystem (Android phones which
> support USB storage mode look like this from the USB host side).  The
> first sector of such filesystems in most cases contains the bootloader
> code at the place where the MS-DOS partition table would be located in
> an MBR, therefore fdisk shows bogus partitions when used with such
> devices.  However, the Linux kernel is usually smart enough to notice
> that the data does not look like a proper partition table and avoid
> registering the partitions.

Duh, should have thought of that. I used to format my keydrives like this.
Best thing is, it worked! But only under kernel v3.4. I guess it regressed
somewhere.

Which implies you guys are in for a treat, because I'm bisecting another
regression with the uhci controller. It regressed between v3.6 and v3.7.
This is an unrelated issue though.

I will report both bugs (including 'results') to the bugzilla. Thanks a ton!

>> Furthermore:
>>
>> mount: /dev/sg0 is not a block device
>> mount: /dev/sg1 is not a block device
>> mount: /dev/sg2 is not a block device
>> mount: /dev/sg3 is not a block device
>
> Mounting /dev/sg* will never work - these are character devices used
> by programs which send SCSI commands directly.

Thanks for the background info. I will re-disable them in my config.