Re: Determine owner/group of a USB device

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My larger question, why do you want to do such a thing?  What problem
> are you trying to solve here that console-kit (or the like), isn't
> already solving today for you?

Greg,

Thank you for your reply.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and
you feed him for a lifetime.

As you suspected, I was working to solve a larger problem.  While I do
appreciate the offer to feed me a fish, I would also like to know "how
to fish".  In this particular case, I find it somewhat amusing that
determining the owner/group of a USB device is so mysterious.  I hope
I didn't let the cat out of the bag by providing the solution on this
list a few minutes ago! :)

Since you are the "give a man a fish" type, here is what I ultimately
needed to do to solve my problem:

sed -i -e 's/SYSFS/ATTR/g' /etc/udev/rules.d/*

Thank you again,

Chris