Re: bugreport upstream: 0bda:819a RTL8188CUS WLAN doesn't work out of the box

On 02/06/2013 02:03 PM, Thomas Rosenkranz wrote:
Sorry for aksing back.
1. You mean I should get the kernel clean of the realtek driver first
to prevent a crash during patching? Cause unplugging is no option for
a onboard device.
2. I have no idea what to do with the patching file and couldn't find
any good instructions with google. "man patch" doesn't make me smarter
at all

Put the patch in the directory where the arch, block, crypto, drivers, and so forth directories are located. Then run the command

patch -p1 < 0001-......patch

After that, run "make" followed by "sudo make modules_install install". If your distro is reasonable, that will give you a new entry in your boot menu.

Larry