Re: Linux USB file storage gadget with new UDC

On Thu, 3 Jan 2013, victor yeo wrote:

> Hi,
>

> > I use the USBlyzer software on host PC, i can see that SCSI inquiry is
> > sent out by the host PC, but the gadget device does not receive it,
> > due to the mis-match bulk out endpoint. Bulk out endpoint is
> > auto-configured to 2, whereas gadget device bulk out endpoint is 1.
> >

> Replying my email, i set the ep,name to ep1 for bulk out and bulk in
> endpoints. The ep_matches() in epautoconf.c is able to auto-configure
> the bulk out to endpoint 1.

Are you sure the name string is set to "ep1" for both endpoints?  (Or
"ep1in" and "ep1out"?)  If the string was instead set to "ep" or
"ep-bulk" or something like that, then it would make sense for the
auto-configured bulk-out endpoint address to be 2.

You should add some printk statements to the ep_matches() routine in
epautoconf.c so you can see exactly what it is doing.

> however, i only see one SCSI_INQUIRY command being sent out, and it is
> not received by the gadget device.

There could be other reasons for this, like an incorrect data toggle
value.  Are you certain the endpoint address is wrong?  Can you post
the usbmon trace and the output from "lsusb -v" for the gadget?

Alan Stern