Re: BUG: usb ports freeze with 0471:206c Philips (or NXP) MCE IR Receiver - Spinel plusf0r ASUS connected at boot time

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 04:43:40PM +0400, Eugene Lipchansky wrote:
> I've got a reply that I have to include messages text into email
> to be able to receive any help here. So I've rewritten the original message:
>
> I've got the ASUS N73SV laptop with an infra red usb receiver. When I boot
> with it connected I get usb ports frozen for 10-20 seconds i.e. my external
> keyboard/mouse are not working for a few seconds after system is completely
> loaded and shows gdm screen. In some cases usb ports don't unfreeze so
> only reboot helps. There a some debug info shown in the dmesg - see below:

Can you duplicate this without the virtualbox and nvidia drivers loaded?
The virtualbox ones are notoriously horrible, I wouldn't ever run those
if at all possible.

thanks,

greg k-h