Re: Tegra3 ehci_suspend and ehci_resume

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012, Timur wrote:

> - Unplugging and re-plugging the slave device works well.
> - Unplugging the Y-cable (disconnecting slave and external power at the
> same time) then re-plugging the Y-cable works well.
> - Disconnecting external power to both devices, then waiting for the
> host screen to go off and waiting for up to 20 seconds longer (staying
> in light sleep) does also work well. Please note: slave device was
> completely off power for roughly 20 seconds and is not causing any issues.
>
> The problem only occurs, when I pull external power, wait for the host
> screen to go off, then wait another 60s or 10 minutes, this way making
> sure the host will indeed transition into deep sleep. Plugging external
> power then will wake both devices, but the host can no longer talk to
> the slave.

What happens if you: pull external power, wait for the host screen to
go off, then wait another 60s or 10 minutes, then plug external power
back to both devices (but leave the USB connection between the host and
slave unplugged), then wait 10 seconds, then plug in the USB
connection?

> Is this not strong evidence the problem is with the host?

Yes, it is.  Can you force the host to go into deep sleep while the
external power remains connected?

Alan Stern