Is consistency sought in Kconfig tristate text?

I am curious to know if there are any rules applied to the text of tristate in
Kconfig. For example what's preferred in tristate text, the name that a user
would know because it's printed on the outside of the device or that name
of the chip or chip maker not visible except maybe programatically?

I'm not certain at all who the audience is for the text that's in tristate.
Who builds kernels? Distro maintainers mostly? End users missing support
for their unsupported-by-their-distro-device and are now braving config?

--

"This minute that comes to me over the past decillions,
  There is no better than it and now."