RE: [RFC v5 0/3] configfs integration

O Friday, December 07, 2012 11:48 AM Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> On 12/07/2012 11:17 AM, Andrzej Pietrasiewicz wrote:
> > On Friday, December 07, 2012 10:15 AM Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> >
> >> Subject: Re: [RFC v5 0/3] configfs integration

> >> Gadget".
> >> guys.
> >>
> >> I started slowly based coding based on feedback. Why do start over?
> >>
> >> Sebastian
> >
> > I started in June 2012. Why do you start over?
> > I posted it as a natural consequence of what has been done over the
> > last 6 months and now looks usable.
>
> I reviewed it a few times. It was huge,

I am not sure if it is possible to be less than ~1KLOC, which is what
it is now.

> had old chunks somtimes,.

So what? They were removed as you suggested. Is it the reason to start over?

> You
> asked once what of groud work had to be done, nothing happend. We started
> discussing how we want the hierarchy after your last post and I didn't see
> much happen.
> *Then* I started slowly coding with a confgifs patch followed by small
> pieces of more code where we changed the hierarchy again. Didn't hear
> anything from your side.

I've changed the hierarchy a number of times. It is not a big deal.
Just the need to change the hierarchy is not a reason good enough
to start over.

> Based on what I see in your description:
> - the hierarchy is not as we discussed it the last time

I wanted it to be what Michal suggested and you agreed to.
Can you be more specific?

Anyway, as I said, changing the hierarchy so that functions are
in this folder or that, configurations in this folder or that
is a fairly easy task. Not such a great revolution so that
starting from scratch were easier.

> - the strings are not suggested by Alan also do make sense in my
>    opinion.

What do you mean exactly?

The need to add one more thing (language variants for strings)
is not a valid reason to start over.

AP