Re: [RFC v2] usb/gadget: the start of the configfs interface

On Fri, Nov 30 2012, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> fair enough, I just want to avoid doing any memory allocations, or HW
> initialization (in case of the UDCs) or anything at all until we know
> that will be used.

My understanding is that hardware initialisation will be made only after
the gadget is fully configured and bound to the UDC.

As for memory allocation, than you are correct to note that memory can
be allocated without it being used at all, but that happens any time
user loads a module without using it.

Similarly, while the gadget is being configured, memory is allocated but
not really used, and if user never binds gadget to UDC it will just stay
there.  I don't think there's anything we can do about it.

--
Best regards,                                         _     _
.o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of      o' \,=./ `o