strings on the gadget side (was: Re: [RFC v2] usb/gadget: the start of the configfs interface)

On 12/03/2012 03:45 PM, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
then how about we drop the hungarian notation altogether ? Instead of
sManufacturer we follow the host stack and just call it manufacturer.
Likewise for all other fields ??

that would be manufacturer, product, serial. Fine by me. Anyone?

I think I can make iteven more complicated: Everything on the gadget
side uses language code 0x409 for en-us. The host-side on Linux takes
the first available language code and falls back to 0x409 if it (the
first reported) didn't work.
Now. Should we implement this or just stick to 0x409 by default. I
*seems* unused or lets say there is no strong requirement to use it. I
don't see a way on the host side to change the default language.

If we decide to implement I could imagine

 strings/manufacturer.409

or even ditch the strings folder. However we could also add a langid
property and keep "manufacturer" (and every other string) in this
language id (0x409 by default). So "later" we could add other language
codes by creating manufacturer.401 for instance.

Sebastian