Re: cdc-acm and remote wakeup

2012/11/26 Oliver Neukum <oneukum@xxxxxxx>:
> On Monday 26 November 2012 13:29:09 Daniele Palmas wrote:
>
> I am attaching a patch to introduce a new quirk type. You need to add
> your device to the list of quirky devices in drivers/usb/core/quirks.c
> with the new quirk type.
> You cannot solve this in the cdc-acm driver because there is an
> unsolvable race if your system is suspended after the device is enumerated
> but before the driver is loaded.
>
> Would you test this?

I tested your patch, but still I cannot see the set remote wake-up
request with the sniffer.

Now I'm trying to debug things, but it seems to me that the function

usb_control_msg(udev, usb_sndctrlpipe(udev, 0),
USB_REQ_SET_FEATURE, USB_RECIP_DEVICE,
USB_DEVICE_REMOTE_WAKEUP, 0,
NULL, 0,
USB_CTRL_SET_TIMEOUT);

is not sending anything. I will update you if I understand the issue.

Regards,
Daniele