Re: Mouse and keyboard freeze Ivy-bridge

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012, Chris Holland wrote:

> > Can you supply similar logging information for the case where the
> > mouse/keyboard is plugged into a USB-2 motherboard port?  Please
> > include the contents of /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices.
> >
> > Alan Stern
> >

> Here is what I think is the last 1500 lines from logging the usb with
> the error happening.
> sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/usbmon/0u > busdata
> sudo lsusb -v > lsusb-v

lsusb -v isn't necessary for this.  The devices file has all the
interesting information.

> sudo lsusb > lsusb
> sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices > devices

The usbmon trace shows that the keyboard attached to the PCI card
failed, then was unplugged and replugged, and then worked again.

> I will take the pci card out and try to get the information with out
> the extra mouse/kyb/controller. I dont have the  CONFIG_USB_DEBUG
> enabled kernel yet.

You don't need to take out the PCI card.  Just plug the keyboard and
wheel mouse into the motherboard (or into a hub attached to the
motherboard) instead of into the PCI card.  Leave the optical mouse
unplugged for the test.

Does this problem occur only with the LITEON keyboard, or does it
affect the Logitech keyboard as well?

Alan Stern