Re: host to host usb transfer

Dnia poniedziałek, 29 października 2012 o 15:37:08 Ming Lei napisał(a):
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Marek Floriańczyk
>
> <marek.florianczyk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I need to connect two computers and exchange data through usb cable. I
> > have googled the subject and all I know so far is that it is impossible
> > with straightforward approach and inadvisable. However I need it.
> >
> > I do wrote some soft to read/write from usb device with libusb or with
> > hidapi and it works. I'm aware that two computers are both "hosts" and
> > direct connection between them is not possible.
> >
> > There is however something like USB Bridge cable, usually sold with some
> > software for windows computers to exchange data, so I understand that
> > this USB bridge cable provides an interface that is visible as a device
> > on both computers, right?
> > This is actually my question, if there is anyone who has expierience with
> > that cable or this approach.
>
> I remember that I saw this kind of cable, from which both usb hosts can
> recognize the 'cable' as one usbnet device, see below link:
>
>         http://www.virtualblueness.net/USB-guide-1.0.10/x573.html

Probably you are refering to something like this:
http://www.telecommander.com/pics/links/cables/net-
linqusbnetworkbridgecablert/net-linqusbnetworkbridgecablert.htm

or this:
http://www.usbgear.com/link/index.html

or this:
http://www.interloper.com/products/product-
details.php?productid=50310022&cat=50

Of course driver must be specifically writen to emulate ethernet device or
something else.
I would like to know if anyone has attempted to write anything using this kind
of cable and libusb.

best regards
Marek