RE: PPC Serial over Host USB

Hi,

Let' start all over:
I have Freescale MPC8308RDB and I am using Kernel 3.5 (If this version is not recommended, I can use other version)
I want to use the USB controller as a host and use it for Serial Ports (It terminated by FDTI FT232R) - with /dev/ttyUSB devices.
How should I configure the Kernel?
The user space file system is minimal - How am I initialize instance of such serial device? How can I diagnose it?

Thanks

Avner