Re: HDD spins up to slow for USB and/or Mass-Storage Driver

On 26.10.2012 15:50, Sarah Sharp wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 03:01:32PM -0700, Sarah Sharp wrote:
> > The USB core isn't dropping the endpoints before it calls
> > xhci_check_bandwidth.  I remember running into this bug a while back,
> > and I even started on a fix, but then couldn't reproduce the problem.
> > I found the branch with the old fix on it, but it still needs a bit of
> > work.  I'll send you a patch on Monday.
>
> Matthias, can you try the attached patch?  You should be able to echo 1
> to the configuration file after this is applied.

It worked. :-)
After the echo the HDD showed up.
Do you need the dmesg-output?

So all i have to do now is develop me a script that automates this,
but it's a PITA nonetheless.

In the end this whole problem is about 1 second or so that this HDD(*)
is too slow to spin/boot up so that the chip in the enclosure doesn't
respond in time.

*:
Technically i have 2 identical HDDs/enclosures and today i got 4 more.
Currently don't know if they will behave identically, but i suspect they
will.

Bis denn