Re: xhci_hcd and Canon Lide 110 not playing well together

Alan Stern <stern@...> writes:

> What is the bugzilla report number?

it is #48801.

> It's notable that the pcap file does not show any data being sent from
> the scanner to the computer, only from the computer to the scanner.

Did I use usbmom/wireshark incorrectly?

> The necessary support isn't present in libusb-1.0.0.  I don't remember
> in which version it was added, but you should try running the lastest
> version.  (In fact, maybe the support wasn't added to libusb at all,
> but only to libusbx.)

Debian unstable switched to libusbx but kept the package name at
libusb. I have tested this with version 1.0.12.Okay, I see that there
has been some usb 3.0 changes in 1.0.13 and 1.0.14 and I am going to
test again.

> What makes you think this is related to xhci-hcd in any way?  Maybe the
> scanner just isn't working -- you said so yourself in the first
> sentence.

it works perfectly with my old notebook and in OSX. The most notable
change is that I now have USB 3.0 and that xhci_hcd doesn't appear to
be too stable and is easy to blame. Unplug/Wait/Plug allows me to scan
another page. Sometimes this leads to an oops in xhcd-hci (but the oops
scrolls out of the console too fast and the system hardlocks and I don't
have netconsole running).