usbserial & ftdi_sio problem

Greetings,

I am having a problem with usbserial and ftdi_sio kernel loadable modules.

I am working on an embedded board using RHEL 6.0. The board has 2 FTDI
chips each with quad serial interface for a total of 8 serial ports.
In addition, we have a WiFi module that behaves as a USB to Serial
converter.

I can see in /dev directory that the 8 serial ports from FTDI are
mapped as ttyUSB0 to ttyUSB7, however I can't find the WiFi module. If
I disable the loading of ftdi_sio.ko module, the WiFi module appears
as ttyUSB0 and it works fine. It seems to me that both the WiFi module
and the one of the FTDI interfaces want to use ttyUSB0 and it seems
that the FTDI interface is winning.

Even if I rename the FTDI interfaces from ttyUSB0..7 to fdtisio0..7 ,
I still don't see the WiFi module.

The WiFi module is loaded in rc.local  using modprobe usbserial
vendor=0x**** product=0x**** as per the WiFi module vendor's
recommendations.

Also, when I do lsmod I notice that ftdi_sio is used by 0 and
usbserial is used by ftdi_sio.

Any idea about what might be wrong?  Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mostafa Kassem