Re: Wrong SSD sector count with current F17 (right with live)

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012, Michael J Gruber wrote:

> I'm sorry, but if the USB layer "is only sending data it is told to
> send" then by definition it is bugfree. It's not an argumentation
> which I follow.

I didn't mean to claim that usb-storage is bug-free.  Merely that if
your problem is caused by the data that is sent to the drive, you're a
lot more likely to find the source of the problem by looking somewhere
other than the USB layer.

> Here's some more info after a dozen more reboots: In fact, the
> described problem appears to be independ of the mentioned kernel
> versions. It is not present after the first boot, appears with the
> first soft reboot and remains to be present until the next hard reboot
> (shutdown, wait a few secs, boot again).
>
> Since I had switched between different kernels by rebooting I had been
> tricked into that previous diagnosis. After rebooting the same
> versions again and again, soft and hard, I'm convinced it's the
> difference between first boot and subsequent reboots.
>
> Still stomped, though.

You really should try posting a description of your problem to the
linux-scsi list.  The people there are much more likely to have helpful
ideas than the people on this list.

Alan Stern