Re: [RFC] USB: cdc-wdm: Extend and improve subdriver interface

On Tuesday 04 September 2012 17:32:17 Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Oliver Neukum <oneukum@xxxxxxx> writes:
> > On Tuesday 04 September 2012 15:45:36 Bjørn Mork wrote:

> >> USB_CDC_NOTIFY_NETWORK_CONNECTION and USB_CDC_NOTIFY_SPEED_CHANGE.
> >> cdc-wdm will just debug print USB_CDC_NOTIFY_NETWORK_CONNECTION and
> >> ignore it, but will log an error if it sees USB_CDC_NOTIFY_SPEED_CHANGE
> >
> > So provide callbacks for them.
>
> It seems a littly overkill to provide a separate callback for each of
> these, so how about using the same callback but call it only for the
> notifications we know a main driver may be interested in? I.e. something
> along the lines

No. Once we've decided that multiple callbacks are needed, there's no use in
limiting their number. It is importantant that they get clear semantics and
reasonable names. You've already introduced a structure for them. So beef it up.

> Should I take it in again, and submit a new version for further
> comments?  Still won't have any sample code using the API, I'm afraid.

Please propose a version with the callbacks you'll need all separated.

	Regards
		Oliver