Re: Potential fsg->state problem at file_storage.c

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 10:35:34AM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> For safety's sake, it would be a good idea to flush the dirty pages
> when a disconnect occurs.

It does not look like there is an API for this (yet).

> > Nothing happens on US_BULK_RESET_REQUEST or on function.disable callback.
>
> I don't know about function.disable -- does this mean your function is
> getting removed from the device's configuration?  If it does then the
> backing storage should be closed.

Yes, function.disable should be called on disconnect. Another thing I don't
have power over :) Let think about this later.

> If there's an ongoing I/O operation, US_BULK_RESET_REQUEST should abort
> it.  After processing the class-specific reset, the gadget is supposed
> to be ready to accept and carry out new commands.

Oustanding requests... that sounds like something I should check.

> Alan Stern

Sebastian