Re: Re: USB device no longer recognized with kernel newer than 2.6

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:46 AM, Arnaud René Ober
<diaryscrazyman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 08/20/2012 09:39 PM, Alan Stern wrote:
>>
>> Please use Reply-To-All so that your messages get sent to the mailing
>> list as well as to me.

>>> I don't know if CONFIG_USB_DEBUG is enabled because I am a novice on
>>> linux, but I attach the dmesg file of my 3.5 kernel.
>>
>> It wasn't enabled.  The information in the log file isn't enough to
>> tell what's wrong, except that nothing appears to be plugged into your
>> second EHCI controller (bus 2).
>>
>> Maybe this is a hardware problem.  Have you checked that everything
>> still works correctly with your 2.6 kernel?
>>
>> Also, what happens under 3.5 if you do "rmmod ehci-hcd" followed by
>> "modprobe ehci-hcd"?
>>
>> Alan Stern
>>
> And how can I enable it ?

Run menuconfig in your kernel source directory, look for the switch in
device drivers --> USB

> My hardware is very recent. With 2.6 Kernel, Webcam worked, but not sound
> and wireless, and bluetooth. In 3.5, webcam and bluetooth don't work but
> sound and wireless works.
>
> Result of command:
>
> /diaryscrazyman@arnaud-pc:~$ rmmod ehci-hcd
> ERROR: Module ehci_hcd does not exist in /proc/modules/

This is because ehci_hcd is built into the kernel by default. You
should re-build it as module (M).

Thanks,
Andiry