Re: USB device no longer recognized with kernel newer than 2.6

Please use Reply-To-All so that your messages get sent to the mailing
list as well as to me.

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012, Arnaud René Ober wrote:

> On 08/19/2012 03:53 PM, Alan Stern wrote:
> > On Sun, 19 Aug 2012, [ISO-8859-1] Arnaud Ren� Ober wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I send you this mail because I have a problem with some usb components,
> >> especially webcam which isn't recognized after 2.6 kernel.
> >> My computer is an Acer Aspire v5-431, released in June / July.
> > Please post the dmesg log showing the boot-up sequence for a 3.5 kernel
> > built with CONFIG_USB_DEBUG enabled.
> >
> > Alan Stern
> >
> I don't know if CONFIG_USB_DEBUG is enabled because I am a novice on
> linux, but I attach the dmesg file of my 3.5 kernel.

It wasn't enabled.  The information in the log file isn't enough to
tell what's wrong, except that nothing appears to be plugged into your
second EHCI controller (bus 2).

Maybe this is a hardware problem.  Have you checked that everything
still works correctly with your 2.6 kernel?

Also, what happens under 3.5 if you do "rmmod ehci-hcd" followed by
"modprobe ehci-hcd"?

Alan Stern