Re: question concerning finish_port_resume()

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012, Oliver Neukum wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in finish_port_resume() usb_get_status() is always done and the result
> evaluated even in the case of reset_resume. Is this efficient? If a device
> has been reset, remote wakeup must be disabled.

Checking the remote wakeup setting is not the only purpose of the
usb_get_status() call.  It also helps to verify that the device is
still working properly.

Of course, in the case of reset-resume we already know that the device
must be working (because we have checked the descriptors).  So maybe it
makes sense to get rid of usb_get_status() in this case.

On the other hand, resetting the device is a lengthy procedure and
usb_get_status() doesn't increase the length by all that much.

Alan Stern