Re: 090c:1000 file transfer to/from USB 2.0 flash drive, via 3.0 port at best 50-60 Mb/s

> It's odd.  The usbmon log shows things working pretty well most of the
> time, with transfer speeds around 200 Mb/s, but every now and then a
> single 120-KB transfer takes more than half a second!
>
> I have no idea why.  We can rule out hardware problems because it
> doesn't happen under Fedora.  Maybe interrupt delivery gets delayed
> somehow under Ubuntu, or maybe something is different in the xhci-hcd
> driver.  Can you compare the driver source files?
>
> To do more serious testing will require you to build your own kernel,
> or at least, your own version of the driver.
>
> Alan Stern

I'm getting a bit out of my depth now, but I'm pretty sure the
xhci_hcd module is compiled into the Ubuntu kernels.  If I were to dig
around in Ubuntu's kernel sources looking for xhci_hcd.* files to diff
against Fedora's, would that be a useful thing for me to do?

It's been a few years but I have compiled my own kernels in the past,
but I can definitely have a go at that if you think it would be
beneficial.

Thanks for your help so far Alan, it's very much appreciated.  I know
wizards of your level are busy people.

-mat