Re: the dreaded "needs XHCI_TRUST_TX_LENGTH quirk" returns

Yo Sarah!

Sorry for the dealy responding.  xorg-server version 1.12.99.903
kept the workstation that I have this bug on down much of the week.

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:46:37 -0700
Sarah Sharp <sarah.a.sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The patch will make the printk only trigger once per USB host
> controller.  The USB device really has nothing to do with these
> messages; it's the host that gives back the confusing completion code
> and untransferred buffer length.

I tried the patch, without the patch that adds my device to the get
the quirk flag.  I still have tons of these consecutively in dmesg:

xhci_hcd 0000:04:00.0: WARN Successful completion on short TX: needs XHCI_TRUST_TX_LENGTH quirk?

This on Linux 3.5.0.

I'll try to get all the patches in over the weekend.

RGDS
GARY
	gem@xxxxxxxxxx  Tel:+1(541)382-8588