the dreaded "needs XHCI_TRUST_TX_LENGTH quirk" returns

Hello Sarah et. al,

I am attempting to use an Inland brand USB 3.0 multi-purpose Memory Card
reader, which I purchased from Micro Center, along with a Patriot EP Series
SDXC UHS-1 64 GB memory card, which I purchased from Fry's. I am connecting
these to my Debian unstable system running Linux 3.4.6 kernel self-compiled.

I am getting the dreaded "xhci_hcd 0000:03:00.0: WARN Successful completion on
short TX: needs XHCI_TRUST_TX_LENGTH quirk?" looping infinitely into my dmesg
buffer. I saw this discussed on July 2nd and 3rd in a thread Sarah
cross-posted onto linux-usb which originated from Gary Miller's bug report to
her privately.

http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=134125692925503

I pre-apologize to Alan in advance if I have butchered the USB terminology as
he pointed out in the earlier thread. ;-)

Card Reader Specs:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0371800

I read through all of the messages in this original thread and collected all
of the various troubleshooting items requested, while the USB and XHCI debug
were enabled:

1) the configuration of my self-compiled Linux 3.4.6 kernel, and dmesg from
booting the system

2) lspci -vvv and lspci -vvv -n

3) dmesg and lsusb -v from plugging the reader into the SuperSpeed (3.0) port

4) dmesg and lsusb -v from plugging the reader into the HighSpeed (2.0) port

I placed all of these here:

http://www.mhcomputing.net/tmp/xhci-bug/

I would really like to fix whatever is causing this, as it's not very good for
performance, stability, and reliability if something is putting this
tremendously many printk's into the ring constantly. It's liable to cause some
kind of crash or corrupt the data going to and from the SDXC card.

I would also politely suggest that each USB device should only squawk about
this problem once per insertion rather than repeatedly, to avoid making things
go haywire in the kernel with all these tight-looped printk's.

So, is there anything else which is needed to clear up the problem in my
environment or is this enough data as-is? I never saw a clear answer if Gary
Miller's problem got fixed or not. Hopefully Gary could provide some
clarification what happened to his issue over the long haul.

Regards,
Matthew.